Friday, July 3, 2009

Did the Cape people throw in the towel?


I drove down to RI this weekend for the holiday festivities. Instead of driving down Thursday night, I opted to go Friday morning. There were a few reasons that motivated me to this:
  • night construction the week before had been abysmal - 93 was reduced to ONE lane MULTIPLE TIMES
  • I didn't want to get caught in any biblical flood rains at night as the ride back the previous week got me caught in rain so bad that water came inside my car via the space down by the gas petals - so unpleasant
  • I wanted to find my jello shots a purpose as kickball had been canceled and they just don't keep for a week
So driving down Friday morning became my plan. I mentally prepared myself for a miserable morning commute to Gansett. Getting out past Dorchester is always a pain and the Cape exit is always even worse. But strangely enough, the ride was a breeze. The only issue I ran into were these two random cars that decided to go 50 and 55 miles an hour in the middle two lanes and kept slightly changing their speeds making it really hard for me to scoot around. It was almost like they too couldn't believe that we could really make a break for RI.

I don't want to jinx my ability to get home on the weekends for the beach in the future, but I gotta wonder, did nobody go to the Cape? I mean it was Fourth of July weekend, I hit more traffic on a random Friday night in the winter leaving Boston...

Well thanks everyone who chose not to drive Friday morning. You made my life super easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment