Tuesday, July 14, 2009

WebMD you are really not helping

A friend tweeted an article that was recently posted about how swearing can help alleviate pain. While reading the page, I saw on the side a link to an article about the 7 pains you shouldn't ignore.

I figured I should read it, maybe it would help me control the whole hypochondria thing. Yeah, this article couldn't be less helpful. Why you ask? Let me list the seven pains for you really quickly

  1. Worst Headache of Your Life
  2. Pain or Discomfort in your Chest, Throat, Jaw, Shoulder, Arm or Abdomen
  3. Pain in Lower Back or Between Shoulder Blades
  4. Severe Abdomen Pain
  5. Calf Pain
  6. Buring Feet or Legs
  7. Vague, Combined, or Medically Unexplained Pains
Is there any pain that couldn't be put under one of these categories? Number seven is just so helpful! They may as well have titled this article "Panic About Anything".

No comments:

Post a Comment