Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bucket flowing over

One time in college, I was participating in a group exercise where two words were read aloud and assigned to either side of the room. You were to walk over to the half that you felt best described yourself. This was to help you self-realize and allow your peers to get to know more about you. Some hippie liberal shit :P The one set that surprised most of my friends was introvert/extrovert as I considered (and still consider) myself an introvert.

The question that I find most relevant to today would be the "are you an umbrella or bucket?" I would say I am a bucket. To catch you up to speed, an umbrella is a person who reacts to each individual issue (drop of water), while a bucket take on more and more and eventually will overflow. Up until recently I would say I was 100% a bucket. Now, either I have switched (which I don't really think has happened) or my life has gotten a little out of hand and the bucket just fills more frequently.

I'm thinking that there are just a few aspects of my life that I need to find a way to finally be in control of and maybe things will balance out. It seems like I am breaking more frequently then ever before. Then again, it is a more stressful time for most of my friends as well, with the economy (duh) and layoffs. The bright side is that I still have PHENOMENAL days - like this past Saturday - and have so many amazing people in my life that make the bad days/eggs more bearable.

Until my life evens out more, I will probably continue to shop and eat away my frustrations. Today, I bought pizza, ruffles, french onion dip and half baked ben and jerry's. All of this waited for me at the house was a bottle of wine.

I think I will start up yoga in the morning again. That plus the crunches I was doing, well at two days before I got sick, will hopefully up my endorphins. Happy people don't kill their husbands :)

No comments:

Post a Comment