Wednesday, June 10, 2009

is this fun or crazy?

Style is personal, and I don't know if I could truly sum up the theme of my wardrobe quick and easy-like, maybe funky or eclectic (that is sort of a cop out word....). One statement for sure is that about 50% of it came from Urban Outfitters. Those stores suck me in whenever I walk by, and their almost daily emails keep me wanting more.

This brings us to today's fashion quandary. Pant Jumpsuit: yes or no?

I have to be completely honest I am completely drawn to them and then slightly appalled about this very feeling all at the same time.

This first one, is interesting. It has pockets. Overall, I think it looks pretty comfy. I actually like how it is a skinnier pant leg. The one thing I am not too thrilled with is the colors. The green and black just isn't really calling to me. So maybe, I need to keep looking.


Now this second look, is a jumpsuit that can just be a pair of pants if you so desire. This concept just seems something that would be very much "me" as it is not uncommon for me to wear one of my hippie skirts as a dress in the summer. I like most of the details to this piece. Problem this time, is that I kind of feel like the pants are a bit too baggy in the crotch area and it might look like one just had an accident if you know what I mean. This one makes me feel like we are getting closer.

I guess there is no reason why I should feel that I need to stick with the pant jumpsuits. I mean, they are more interesting to me. But they may cause more problems given my proportions. I tried on a jumpsuit a few months ago and while it was long enough, the waist simply was just no where near where mine was. It just made me look so frumpy and awkward.

Solution to the poorly placed waistline? Short jumpsuit! Ok, so this is adorable. I don't like wearing shorts (they have always looked too short on me due to the crazy legs I have and well that just makes me feel awkward) but I would totally go for this one. PLUS there are POCKETS. So awesome.

In fact, I just saw a dress at the GAP (I am just as surprised as you are that I found something I liked there - almost as weird as that time I bought clothing a JCrew) that looked very similar to this little number. Slightly torn about which one to consider adding to my wardrobe. But, I guess I need to be realistic...neither would be work appropriate and I really need to focus about wearing appropriate clothing to the office...

Now I have written a bunch and not really said anything. I still am unsure if this look is for me. Maybe I just need to take a deep breath and try one on. I just hope that I get enough courage to do so before the trend passes. By the time I was ready to try high-waisted pants (this was purely to make my friend laugh, there is no way I ever thought that looked flattering) they were no where to be found!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment