Monday, June 1, 2009

The Turbo Shot should not be taken lightly


Yesterday, I was feeling a little unproductive. I had started the day strong with going to the laundromat and getting breakfast. The landlords were coming to show the apartment at noon, so I even attempted to make my room not look like my wardrobe exploded and get all the clothes put away. (Definitely didn't make the 12 o'clock deadline for that). But everything eventually got into the proper drawers and hung up on hangers -- well minus the pile that is currently on my desk. After this, my day kind of began to stall as I got sucked into watching HP 4 Goblet of Fire on ABCFamily. A couple hours in I realized it was gorgeous out and I needed to go for a walk. There isn't much in my bank account right now for frivolous shopping thanks to first/last and half fee on the new apartment (SOOO EXCITED FOR THAT) so I needed to stroll and try not to tempt myself. I figured I would head down to Harvard Square, make my way up to Davis and turn back home. Nice long route.

I realized quickly that even though I had only just finished my morning coffee, I already needed a pick me up so I stopped at DD and got an iced coffee. They have had that deal for a free turbo shot for a while now and I have yet to try it out. But as my friend pointed out, "the deal may or may not expire on an unknown date" and so I should probably try it out before I would have to pay for that extra jolt.

With the first sip, I knew that the shot was totally worth it. It would help me with the few miles between me and home. Only problem, as I start my stroll up Mass Ave I realize that I have to cut it short! There were some seriously dark clouds forming to the North, which was the direction I had been heading. This means that I had to return after only walking for about an hour and half. Boo.

I returned to the couch with my subletter and watched Bridelizas. Such messed up people. After a few hours of it (yeah I am embarrassed by how much I watched) I went to read and get some sleep.

Freaking turbo shot.

I spend the rest of the night in a very restless state. I think I got a just about 2 hours of sleep before I was awake. I should have known better. Putting it out there, buyer beware, those shots are not to be messed with. I was still jittery this morning at work. But that is more likely due to the fact that I didn't sleep much and immediately hit the coffee when I got to work.

Can't fight an addiction. At least I didn't go get a latte...?

No comments:

Post a Comment