Monday, June 8, 2009

Finger Fetish?

Legs, I get. Boobs, I get. Eyes, I get. Hair, I get. But nails?


Lately, I have been on nail polish kick. Bright blue, neon green and hot pink. Often the nails match the outfit. I have now been complemented 3 times on my blue nails by three different men in three different nights at three different bars. I realize that sentence may have been a little painful to read the number three so many times, but I wanted to make it a point that these individuals were not part of a group who all happen to like blue finger nails.

The thing is if the nails were the only interesting aspect of my outfits, maybe MAYBE, I could understand why they choose to mention them. But I am fairly certain my outfits were a little more interesting. For example, my first night, I was wearing my new micro mini strapless dress. (See to the right - my body is not as curvy but still it looked good). So what's the deal man?

In addition to the blue nail polish compliments I have had a number of men comment on my new huge ass pink flower ring. Again, I have never had a piece of jewelry complimented on by the opposite sex so often in such a short period of time. And its on my hand. How often are you looking at someone's hands?

I'm thinking that maybe this is seen as a safe and easy way to compliment a female without sounding perverted. I mean, the 34 year old who was hitting on me at 6B would really have to be smooth to find a way to make a statement about my outfit without sounding like a jackass. Don't get me wrong the 34 year old wasn't getting anywhere anyway, but at least he was trying to sound like a nice guy. The others also seemed like genuinely nice people, it just was not what I was expecting to ever hear from people. The others weren't trying to pick me up like the first one, at least I don't think so, but my guy friend tells me that I miss a lot when it comes to this kind of thing.

Basically, with bright colors in, I assume many girls are painting their nails crazy colors too. So use this as a heads up, you may get more attention now then ever before...

No comments:

Post a Comment