Monday, June 8, 2009

Saturdays Don't Get Much More Perfect

After my second night of Nyquil I was feeling pretty good and was excited for the nice little Sunday that a friend of mine had planned out for himself and a few of us jumped on.

1 pm The Hangover at the Lowes by the Commons
3 pm Harpoonfest
7:30 pm Dinner at BostonBeer Works and then continue on with a farewell celebration



The Hangover - AWESOME. See it. You will laugh. There is a little shock nudity but not much. So many one-liners...the previews do not ruin it at all. There are tigers, baby, an amazing cast, and Mike Tyson. What more do I need to say to sell you on this one?



This was my third Harpoonfest and by far the best one. Mainly due to the free beer we all got, gotta love connections. Four beers for the $20 cover charge not bad. When we got there - NO LINE. And for a good while the crowd wasn't too bad. We were able to move in and out of the sun as we pleased. I'm relatively sure we got away sunburn free. For awhile all of the other people I was with kept seeing friends, I was feeling a little unpopular...That was until I ran into a RI friend from HC. And by ran in I mean I was showing friends that your foot is the same length as your forearm (check it out, its true) and she came up and started tapping one of them asking if I was who I am. Nice little reunion.

I am quite pleased with myself. I was on par with the two guys I arrived there with, but fell behind at the end. Overall, I am pretty sure I got my moneys worth. :)

We all got back to the T and headed over to the Fenway area for dinner at BostonBeerWorks, an hour stop over at A Tua Nua and ending up at kareoke. Nothing like a few hours of fun topped off with a few close friends belting out along with Britney, Whitney, the Backstreet Boys and the like. The one real ringer from the evening would have to be "Last Christmas" because that just gets in your head.



The day was wicked fun. We had a little of everything and was just a great day to be wondering around the city. Sadly, by the end of the day my voice was beyond shot and I could barely give my address to the cabbie, but sometimes there are causalities in the name of fun.

I can't wait for the summer day that tops this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment