Tuesday, June 30, 2009

You can't teach graceful

When I was five, I was a great ballerina. I was graceful, I got to dance with older girls and everything. By age seven it was over. I was clumsy. We don't know what happened, but I lost my ability to float across the stage. By no means did I give up dance right away and instead put myself through pain and embarrassment for a good 8 more years. Fortunately, I came to see the truth and retreated to the world of basketball, softball and swim.

Just like I stepped away from ballet some women need to step away from heels. Clomping around like an elephant is not exactly going to bring the boys to the yard. I have seen more women teetering, limping or stomping (but not in a fierce way) down the street lately. Heels can be a lot to deal with. As an expert, you should see me run in them, I recommend building yourself up. Start with some kitten heels and go from there. Obviously, the higher the shoe the better your legs look, but no one will be admiring your gams if you're stumbling all over the place.

Whenever I am out in the city in my heels I always focus on my walk. I think about Tyra Banks from ANTM. She always reminds the girls to stay fierce, walk hard, and you have to just ignore the pain.

Basically, if you are not up for the challenge keep the heels at home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment