Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I wish I was little bit taller



When I was little I hoped to be 6 feet tall. Did not make it. Stopped at 5'9". Part of me still wishes I hit the six foot mark. I am already well aware of the fact that I am taller than the average American female (5'3.8") and as tall as the average American male (5'9.4"). So why would I want to make my life even more awkward by growing a few more inches? Well for one thing, I feel that since I am already tall I might as well be TALL. And second, I'd like to be a little more proportional.

I have read in more than one location that your femur should be 1/4 the length of your body. Well based on my femur I should be 6 feet.

While I know I have talked about this A LOT in real life, why am I bringing this up now? Honestly, it is because I just saw a CSI episode and the guy that does the autopsies just said he estimated a person's height (they only had a sample of bones) by measuring her femur...

Yeah, sometimes I still wish.

PS - based on this height chart I think I just realized I should head over to the Netherlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment