Sunday, June 14, 2009

Stop with the Quizzes

Today's Facebook is so different from the social college-only network site that began back when I was in undergrad. Some of the innovations have been fun, most are simply annoying. With the last update to the Home screen, way most shit I just don't care about is now listed. I can no longer see when my friends change their profile picture or make changes to their personal information, but know what I can tell? If they take a quiz.

These quizzes are so innane and random. Some are not even quizzes. One will tell you how common your birthday is, or so it claims. Out of curiousity I clicked on that one to see how this could possibly be considered a quiz. It asks you what month you were born in. Then instead asking you what exact date, it provides random choices. Some of these are a particular day, like the 4th, but other radial buttons contained a range like 20-24. If you choose a range answer, which I had to, it doesn't ask you to further narrow it down, the quiz ends and gives you an answer. I failed to see a) how this could be at all accurate and b) how this is a quiz....

I will admit to not only taking the "inner internationality quiz" but having to agree with the description. Apparently, I am Spanish.

Being Spanish means the following:

The world is your oyster. You are confident -- or at least, confident in your self-expression, and this often leads to confidence in all things. You love your friends and hate your enemies, and when you want something, you go out and get it. You are both bold and friendly, sunny and perspicacious. You laugh frequently, smile even more, but are not a sucker and will always fight for yourself.

Cool. I think this describes me well. I can't say I won't take a few more quizzes when I am completely bored out of my mind, but I don't think I will blogging about any more results.

1 comment:

  1. You actually can check what and when people update. If you click on Friends, you can view all your friends, your newest friends, and your recently updated friends. It's on the upper left column.

    ReplyDelete