Saturday, June 6, 2009

Nyquil, you are a GOD


My cold is not getting in the way of my life. Problem is that I need to find a way to get healthy quick as I quickly learned Thursday that just willing myself better is not working. After getting sent home from work in the afternoon I first took a 3 hour nap. This nap was then followed by a trip to the grocery store to stock up on chicken soup, vitamin C filled foodstuffs and other comfort foods. I nestled myself on the couch and watched a bit of tv and ate some rice. (don't worry my stomach was fine, this was a throat and congestion type sickness, but rice is really comforting to me)

Anywho, I realized I should get ready for bed again and attempt to get as much sleep as possible. To get good sleep requires drugs. Since I had just run out of tissues I walked over to Walgreen's to get some cold reinforcements. That's when I saw the Nyquil. I was talking to my mum on the phone and she told me that I had to buy it. I had a little arguement with her about how bad that stuff tastes. But she won with the point that if I really wanted to go out and party it up with friends all weekend, I needed my sleep and Nyquil would give it to me. Moms are just so smart -- I brought some home.

As soon as I got home down went 30 ml of green ass-awful medicine. Really, I can take most shots without a grimace. Nyquil causes me to somewhat gag and cough immediately. But I licked that plastic top clean, and off to bed I went.

11 hours later I awoke slightly refreshed and feeling I was on the way to recovery. I went to work Friday and was pretty much functional. Sadly, I did have to take a taxi home around 11:45 from the double birthday festivities, but I did make a good run of it. Downed somemore Nyquil slept another 10.5 hours and now I have a nice little Saturday planned. :)

Thank you Nyquil. Without you I would probably be in a pretty bad state. I really appreciate that you can just knock me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment