Friday, June 19, 2009

Definately worth the $15



Apparently there is a bus terminal at South Station. I was completely unaware of this until yesterday. I had kind of just thought I would get on the bus to New York on the street. Nope. There is a whole area for buses to come in. Its like the airport with arrival and departure signs. It is a pretty nice facility. Just so you know.

I was there because I took the Bolt bus into NYC last night. The bus I was riding was brand new, had that new bus smell to it. Seats were made of leather and we pretty comfortable. We hit a little traffic, but overall the ride was really smooth and basically arrived on time. Based on this experience, I would recommend this as a cheap way to get from Boston to NYC.

The guy that sat next to me was an interesting guy. Not too creepy. He was clearly older than me, and lived with his parents out in the burbs. He tried to justify this by saying he was going to be moving to Spain shortly to get an international MBA. Doesn't really matter that you are eventually leaving the country, you are old and have been living your parents for far too long...

I did try to keep to myself after our initial conversation ended by putting on my headphones and reading my book. Unfortunately, I feel asleep for a short while and when I woke up he took this as an opportunity to start a conversation again. Sigh.

As soon as the bus stopped I hopped out and ran to the subway to meet up with my friends at a bar, so whatever, the bus did its job.

Oh, if any of you are thinking of taking Bolt and taking it often, you should apply for their loyalty plan. For every ten rides, you get one ride free and you always get an A boarding pass. It costs nothing to join and there are no restrictions to when you have to use the rides. This is all information I got for the nice man that works for the company and stood at the gate with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment