Wednesday, June 24, 2009

S.A.D. in June

I would actually invite lightening storms at this point.
At least that would be interesting


At book club last night - my life is not all kickball and shoes, I do intellectual stuff too - we were talking about the weather. Everyone is talking about the weather, as it officially hit summer this past weekend and you could have fooled anyone living in the Boston area. People have begun referring to this current month as June-uary. My boss said at staff meeting yesterday that he heard on the news that we have had the fewest number of sunny days since 1905 for the month of June. I couldn't find this statistic anywhere, but I would totally believe it.

You never realize how much the weather can affect a collective mood until something like this happens. Everyone is tired, grumpy or blah. I definitely am having a hard time staying focused towards the end of my work day and have been hitting the caffeine hard. This of course then causes me to not be able to go to sleep at a reasonable hour only making me even more tired the next day.

I really need the sun to come back and the temperature to rise. Allegedly things will be getting better this weekend, but I am not going to hold my breath. I just want to wear dresses and skirts to work and not freeze my butt off on the walk to the office. Additionally, I can't remember the last time I wore a bathing suit! When I was younger my bathing suit to underwear ratio in the summer was so high, now underwear totally wins. I would love to have a nice week where I wake up put on a suit and enjoy the weather till nightfall...sigh. Oh to be young and jobless...

No comments:

Post a Comment