Friday, June 26, 2009

Death comes in Threes

If Farrah Fawcett wasn't enough at 5 pm I received a cnn breaking news story that Michael Jackson suffered from Cardiac Arrest. 35 minutes later on Twitter a friend had tweeted RIP MJ but I could not confirm the news anywhere. I had to run a few errand before a game night at a friend's house and stopped at the Parking Office to grab my new parking sticker - FYI prices went up to $15 AND more streets in Somerville will require them in the coming months.

The line is always long there but it was interesting to see that everyone was on their iPhones and whatnots checking the news to see if he did in fact pass away yet. I received a text from a friend confirming his death just before I reached the counter. Within a very short period we have lost Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and the king of pop MJ. Death really does come in threes.


Given that everyone is doing MJ Tribuits here are my two favorites:

ABC from when he was still small and cute and in the Jackson Five



And then Beat It. Couldn't get an version to embed. But I still know this whole dance from my high school senior float. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment