Sunday, June 21, 2009

The EYES have it


On Friday, my friend and I did some shopping in NYC. Sephoras are all over the place and so we hopped in, as I was still in major need of a new eyeliner and one of y'all said it was a good place to find some. Needless to say, the women there are amazing. I was wandering around with no idea of what to look for and eventually was able to catch the eye of one of the employees. She immediately took me around the store showing me her favorite products for not only stay put waterproof eyeliner but also a number of other products that my make-up shoe box desperately needed. Here is the run down of what was purchased this weekend:

Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil - ZERO. This was by far the best of the eye liners I tested. Before consulting the expert, I had drawn a number of lines on my hand testing out other brands. She showed me this one as I asked for a really dark shade and again I drew on myself. It looked amazing. When I went to clean off my hand with the make-up remover they have out for customers all the other lines wiped off easily. The Urban Decay line stayed put for a while longer. I did already use this pencil Saturday night, and it really was so much better than what I have been using.



Dior's Diorshow Black Out Waterproof Mascara They have a whole display that compares mascara lines. There are even little graphics which help you understand which will lengthen, curl, volumize or something else that I can't remember. The cut-out was still a bit much for me to comprehend so I asked my expert her opinion. I explained that since I wear contacts I needed something that didn't flake. She said that any good waterproof mascara should never flake. I also said I wanted the product to volumize my lashes as the stuff I currently had just lengthened and that wasn't helping with the overall look I was aiming for. She pointed me to Dior. I was a little gun-shy about going for this one as it is DIOR, but thought I should just go for it. Again, used it Saturday night. AMAZING. I am in love with this product.


eye BRIGHT by benefit This product is an eye brightener. It helps combat dark circles under your eyes. I have never really attempted to deal with the fact that my poor sleeping habits do affect my appearance. There are times that I attempt to use concealer, but that really doesn't do much. This pink stick will neutralize the color! (I also learned that if you suffer from a more red tone, green will neutralize that. Make up is really fascinating at times). I haven't used the product in real life yet, beyond when the expert attacked my face with it. But it did appear to work its magic.

I did come away with a few other boring things. Concealer stick, brush cleaner and pencil sharpener but those items don't seem to warrent their own little paragraphs. I will note that the casher that I had was super nice. At the swag thing I went to a month or so ago, I had signed up for Sephora's rewards card. Apparently, my information was entered correctly because she couldn't look me. I had to refill out the form. When the woman and I finished chatting and what not, she threw in a free lip gloss. I made sure to compliment her on her rings - they were fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment