Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Arizona, really?


Right now I am processing employment paperwork at work and have become an I-9, M-4 and W-4 master. The I-9 is used to determine an individual's citizenship and that is the form that an employer takes information off of a passport or other official documentation. Yesterday an individual used his Driver's License as a form of identification. It was from Arizona. The ID still says under 21, but does not expire until 2048. The individual was born in 1983. That is right, he will be 65 when it expires.

I'm pretty sure RI loves to make you go to the DMV, wait in line forever, and get a new license. Massachusetts not only likes to make you renew everything but also enjoys takes pleasure in making you jump through 234920 hoops.

Arizona it appears would rather just not deal with any of that. Imagine having a license that is good for 47 years. The Arizona DMV website does state that individuals will be reminded every TWELVE years to update their photo. I hope you are all as mystified as I am about this whole idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment