Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wise Words from the Donald

"if her beauty wasn't so great, nobody would really have cared"

Personally, I am not looking to give Miss CA any more press about what she said. What I do want to point out is what Donald Trump said in his press conference regarding her possible dethronement.

Is he for real? Does he think that the people are making a big deal about what she said because she's pretty? No. People are making a big deal because its a hot topic and she was on national television stating her opinion. Granted, there are very few inner-beauty pageants out there but I would hope that there would be just as much of an explosion of coverage if she was less pretty.

A friend of mine put up on her facebook status "hey perez, are people not allowed to have opinions?". While I am a big supporter of marriage for all, the status did stop and make me think. I wish she choose to answer the question the way she did, but I can't fault her for stating her thoughts. She was asked, its not like she took the mike and just let go.

I guess the big thing to take away from all of this is if you can get an unfortunate looking person to be a spokesperson, the product/idea would fall to the wayside. Maybe we need an ugly person to be the spokesperson for the Protection of Marriage Act -- then it would just disappear and weddings for all?

No comments:

Post a Comment