Sunday, May 10, 2009

F Guys...I Gotta Dance


Saturday night started with a 7-Bachelorette Bachelorette Party and ended with a trip to the Burren in Davis Square. My friend was celebrating her 25th birthday by jamming out to her favorite band - they were awesome (they sing the second saturday of every month at the Burren - check them out!). They sing EVERYTHING. Cecilia was one of the first songs I heard them play that night, and that was when I knew that I would love this band. That song is by far one of my favorite songs to sing along to, I realize the lyrics tell a sad story, but the beat is just so fun.

At this point in my night I just wanted to dance. At first, things were great. I was standing between my friends and the stage, and just was feeling the music. We were all dancing together, spinning and twirling and having a great time. Then I started to move around, and things went down hill. I know I should be flattered, but there were these guys that just kept hovering around me. If I don't look at you, let alone make any eye contact, I think that it is pretty safe for you to move on to another girl. I was texting a friend at one point and this kid leans over my shoulder. At first I think he is trying to read my text and so I try to give him a glare. This has no affect on him as he then continues to say "6-1-7..." it took me a second to realize he was reciting his number. I simply said "no" and went back to my texting. Honestly, points for having the balls to say that, but maybe that shouldn't have been the first interaction between us.

This post will probably cause me to want to kick myself later on when the creepy attention fades, but really guys, sometimes a girl just gotta dance. It was hot in there, I was sweating, I had been caught in the rain a few times already, I just wanted to enjoy the music. No offense, I'm sure you were all lovely gentlemen, I just wasn't gonna bite that night.

Below, is Dane Cooks "gotta dance" it is just so damn true!

No comments:

Post a Comment