Sunday, May 31, 2009

Gotta Love Neon

For the last few months all the fashion mags I have been reading have been informing me that the 80s were back. Some of what I remember from the 80s were awesome - specifically the crazy accessories, think the cut up credit card earring seen in the movie Earth Girls Are Easy (ummm btw this movie has the best revenge on a cheating man scene ever), other trends: see shoulder pads, not so much. One fad I never thought I would fall for was NEON.

Over the past few days I have found myself getting drawn to the bright bright colors that are now being shown in clothing and make up. I got neon green nail polish and an amazing new pink/purple ginormous ring (as seen in pic to the right). I find that I can't help but trying on dresses/sunglasses/etc that are in electric colors. Fortunately, I have so far held off making any real purchases beyond the 1.99 nail polishes...who knows how long my will power will last.

So right now, I'm thinking that this neon thing is pretty awesome. I will definitely be a little bummed when the fashion world fixes itself and we are back to "normal" color pallets. Hopefully that doesn't happen until summer is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment