Saturday, May 30, 2009

How quick $5 can become $20


I wanted to try a new hair style for tonight. A friend of mine bar tends and when she works she does her hair the same way. It is pulled back but up at the same time, not a beehive, just a bump. I totally adore it! This past Thursday we were talking and I asked how she did it. We have similar hair type and she explained that just teasing it a little really helps and then showed me how she clipped it in the back.

While I was thinking about my look for tonight, I thought why not give it a go and see if I could pull this off. I needed to run over to Walgreen's to grab a comb and a new clip (sadly I lost my favorite one to a boy's apartment). Of course the hair stuff was in the back and I had to walk through the first half of the store. These extra few steps are really the only reason I can justify how I ended up with 2 bottles of nail polish, nail polish remover, the comb, 2 different types of clips and the latest Elle Magazine.

CVS, Walgreen's and the like are such seductive stores. I go in looking to buy one item, like shampoo, and I end up at the counter with shampoo but with some lotion and chapstick too. It is mystery to me how this happens. But yeah, a trip that should have cost about $5 ended up being $20...

No comments:

Post a Comment