Monday, May 25, 2009

Yes, this outfit was on purpose


Yesterday, a friend and I attempted to go to the anime comic convention Boston. We got there a little after 1 pm and were informed that it was just too late to get in! This news kinda sucked. What sucked a bit more was that I was totally dressed up to be a female school fighting anime character. Let me try and paint a picture for you.

Knee high black boots over neon blue tights where were under black fishnets. A black and white plaid school girl skirt that had suspenders hanging down made of some plastic-ish material and a lot of hard wear that was also found in the built-in belt that went around the waist. On top I was sporting a black t-shirt that had checkered suspenders drawn on them. The look was completed with dog tags, huge plastic earings, high pigtails, black head band and intense blue eye makeup and nails. This might sound like a big mess, and well maybe it was, but I feel that the look really came together nicely. I would have fit right in. To bad I never made it through the front doors.

Instead we wandered around the city getting burgers/beer, seeing Terminator, and met up with some friends for a bbq. As soon as I got to the bbq I stripped off some of the accessories in the bathroom. I was told when I came out that usually when girls remove items she become a bit more racy - not in this case. Removing the "jewlery" - if you can call it that - the fishnets and putting my hair up in a ponytail really helped bring the outfit down a few notches.

The bbq was winding down when we arrived, and everyone then went on upstairs to watch the Cavs play the Magic. It was super lovely attempting to sit ladylike in a skirt that just didn't really cover much of anything. The day was nothing like I thought it would be, but it was super fun. And let's be honest, I really had no problem walking around in the costume, sitting was really my bigger challenge.

We have vowed to go back next year and get in. Lesson learned, you have to show up EARLY to get into comic book conventions, they don't let just anyone in, no matter how awesome they look!

No comments:

Post a Comment