Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What American Wears this Apparel?


Ok so if you have talked to me in the last few days, you have probably heard me utter the question in this posts title...and you all responded the same way.

A) you laughed - because it is funny
B) you agreed - because it is true

American Apparel is a store that I was told was AMAZING and AWESOME. Someone even went as far as to tell me that they thought it was my style. Now, I will be the first to admit that my taste in clothing can be questionable at times but there is no way my style can be confused with an 80s flash dancer crossed with a ballerina. I think everything in there is made of spandex. Also, I am pretty sure there are no snaps, zillers or buttons...

I have been looking for a strapless nude leotard for kickball - don't ask. I ordered one from U.O. but it was too small and so I need to return/possible exchange it. When I was walking by the American Apparel on my way home I thought to myself, of course! go to spandex city. I go in there. They don't have one! After searching through all the racks I eventually find something close to what I want but its bright green with black poka-dots. That is when I noticed none of their leotard-ish stuff comes in skin colors. I feel like they are missing the point most people use spandex...




But hey, there clearly has to be someone out there who needs a full cotton jersey unitard (3 pack!)...



Oooop this just in: 14 American Apparel Models Freed in Daring Midnight Raid





Pregnant women love spandex body suits? American Apparal seems to think so!

In the interest of full disclosure I will admit I like their socks and tights.

No comments:

Post a Comment