Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It feels good to be inspiring

I opted to walk a different way home today, which ended up being a great experience. For one thing, I saw a purple car drive by. It's not every day you see a purple car and that made me smile.

Second, when I stopped by the local produce market to buy a red pepper and a baguette the cashier took one look at my nails - which are still painted a bright blue - and proclaimed that she was going to quit biting her nails. She saw mine, wanted to be able to paint her's and so she was going to give up biting so that they could grow. I felt so cool hearing that, you know. Sadly, she quickly followed this statement up with the fact that she has quit before but always ends gnawing on them a few weeks later. FYI: not me --->

You might still be confused why I feel so cool. Well, strange as it may sound people don't actually worship my sense of style on a daily basis, and let's be real she wasn't worshiping me, just my nails. But she did still make a comment, and I am potentially altering her life even for a few months, so therefore, I am still filing this little encounter under AWESOME. Without that moment the day, well, kind of sucked. I woke up with a cold, had to walk to work in that rainy drizzle and then went straight home because I thought I should attempt to go to bed at a reasonable hour. But this post is not for complaining so it ends here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment