Saturday, May 9, 2009

Spring cleaning the day away

The weather has decided to stay consistantly above freezing which has been wonderful. I can wear dresses and skirts every so often- YAY! But now that spring is here, its time to spring clean...

Per usual, my room is currently a disaster, as I have pulled up random summer pieces from the basement and I just don't have room to have all of this clothing in my small room that has no closet. With clothing/shoes/kickball stuff strewn everywhere it has become rather embarrassing for me when a guest happens into my personal space. This room really needs to get whipped into shape as I hope to have a bunch of friends visiting this summer....

My original goal for this weekend was simply to do laundry and switch over my clothing. I may have been in slight denial about just how bad things were getting. Then two things happened, as I was gathering up laundry this morning I realized that the mess didn't really get all the much smaller...clothing was not the main problem here. Then I realized that I can't bring my tupperware of clothing up from the basement by myself - I usually try to call on "a man" to help me out. I had originally found a volunteer to do so on Sunday, but then plans changed. So I'm on the prowl again for someone who is simply stronger than I.

So now I had to rethink my plan of attack. First, I really need to make my room slightly less disastrous in general as the more I look at it the more I shudder. But no sooner did I make this decision I realized that there was a bigger problem at the apartment...our full bathroom. One of my roommates gets a subletter for the summer as she will go home to work between the academic years. The subletter comes tomorrow. Our house isn't so pretty for her right now, the bathroom is bad...

I find cleaning the bathroom to be rewarding but beyond exhausting. It is a small space, but I honestly just spent almost an hour scrubbing the tub. It was just that filthy. I feel like I am covered in bleach/soft scrub/comet. I can't wait to finish with it so that I can shower off the grossness (hope I don't re-dirty the tub by doing so :P ). I will say my arms already hurt. I know I'm a wuss, you don't have to point it out. I hope to have energy to continue with my room before going to see an apartment and dinner downtown.

Tomorrow is definately going to be laundry day - I hope to get it all done before I have to head home to RI for mother's day dinner. Yeah, I am going to be a good daughter after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment