Saturday, May 23, 2009

What ever happened to JANE?

I wanted blue lipstick for this weekend. Anyone who follows me on twitter or has me on gchat is probably sick of me posting about this desire. But, well, I feel the need to express my frustrations.

Last night I agreed to go to a comic convention this weekend. Of course, I will be dressing up - Anime style - and immediately began to formulate my plan. I developed my concept while driving home around 1 am and the piéce de'la résistance was blue lipstick. I texted someone who I thought would be able to give me the inside scoop on where to locate such a product. He replied back with CVS which I didn't think would stock it, but figured maybe I was wrong. Well today I went on a hunt to get some items for the outfit. I ended up going to SEVEN different stores (including 3 CVSs) and no luck. Not only was there not blue lipstick, but it would seem that no one sells junk cosmetics anymore. There are only "real" lines.

What ever happened JANE and wet and wild? I feel that back in the day, when I was in middle school, I could go into any CVS type store and find make up in the most ridiculous colors. I can only assume that kids these days have more of a need to look like adults. We used to use crazy colored make up and wear the strangest outfits and it was fine. I see kids walking to school in the morning, and well, they look like me. They are in middle school, they should be awkward! Oooo, there's a thought, maybe they are awkward which means that I am too...no that can't be right.

Anyway, I digress, the bigger issue is that every store manager that saw me lost and wandering, attempted to help me out. Once I explained what I was searching for, they all told me the same thing. Blue lipstick is stocked at Halloween, other than that, there just simply isn't a demand for it. Well that is a bother. I'm sure my plan B will work out fine, but I am a little bummed.

No comments:

Post a Comment