Thursday, May 14, 2009

Boston Sports are Killing Me


The Celtics have been keeping me from reading my book club book and getting household chores done - like laundry (remember, I had to dabble in no pants). My book was recalled on me before I got past page 7 (mind you the story started on page 4).

Please do not get me started about how unfair the RECALL system is either. I tried to negotiate letting me have the book until this weekend. Nope someone else wanted it. The library sent me an email Monday morning, I was to return it no later than Wednesday afternoon. End of story. So not fair.

But, I had the book for about two, maybe 2.5, weeks and couldn't read it because I spent every other night watching a basketball game. Not only a basketball game, but games that went in multiple overtimes. Usually at a bar. I am not so good at reading after a night at a bar, especially when people are sending me drinks.

Now tonight, the Celtics couldn't put it away, so we have game 7 on Sunday (at noon. I am not a huge fan of noon time games, nor are those girls from mint julip as you may recall) and since we did not get the win, I have a need to watch the end of game 7 of the Bruins series. Oh, are you aware that the game went into overtime? I am. Not only that, but there is no shoot-off in professional hockey so we may be here for a while.

I wish I was a girl that didn't watch sports. That is a bold face lie. But I wish I could just turn away...

No comments:

Post a Comment