Saturday, May 9, 2009

This Just In!! Breaking News


A biker actually obeyed the rules of the road and let me cross at the cross walk!

No seriously, I feel like I should submit this to the AP or something. I was bookingit around town after work yesterday (ok so by using the term yesterday, I know you just figured out that this is "just in" but I was busy and couldn't blog. deal) gathering materials for an awesome space costume and needed to get some aluminum foil. I was waiting patiently for cars to stop and let me cross so I could get to the grociery and purchase this last bit of material. Once both lanes of traffic saw me and stalled I went to make my move. Then, just like twice earlier this week, some b*tch biker wizzed right by so I had to jump back. I saw a dude biker right behind her so I figured we would all just have to hold tight to let this guy go by to, because after all red lights, stop signs and one way streets mean nothing to bikers out here. But then he did something I have never witnessed before...

HE STOPPED. Really stopped. Like put one of his feet onto the pavement.

One I crossed by he picked up his foot and continued on. The girl that he was with was waiting about a block downthe street. I liked that she could stop her travels for him, but not to let me cross the street. Grrrrrr - shakey fist...

Ok, so I have found the one biker that understands that he is a vehicle and needs to respect the pedistrian. I was going to include a section on bikers who have a lovely tendency to drive up one way streets the wrong way up the middle of the lane...but that is a whole other rant and I just don't have it in me right now.

PS - the picture at the top cues up the theme music for the flying monkeys from the wizard of oz...really first thing I thought of

No comments:

Post a Comment