Friday, May 22, 2009

I could be a Gold Medalist

Earlier in the week when I was looking for pictures of purple heels I came across this website:

YeinJee's Asian Journal

The articles is from 2007, but I would like to think this event still goes on. There is/was a competition in St Petersburg (Russia, not Florida) where woman sprint in heels. The prize at the time of this article was equivalent to about $2,000. In order to qualify, the women had to wear shoes with a heel of at least 9 cm (which google tells me is about 3.54 inches). That is not a short shoe.

I feel like I could do fairly well in this kind of event. While I am very aware that I look ridiculous when I run, I am well balanced when it comes to running in heels. Maybe I can find some cause to back and I can make up my own running in heels charity race, or something... That is not a bad idea. I'll have to start brainstorming!

No comments:

Post a Comment