Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bloods v Crips, but with kids

VS

For the last few months red t-shirts were flooding Harvard Square. These individuals would try to stop innocent passer-bys and get those people to join up with them. If someone tried to walk by without acknowledging them, the red shirted people would start hollaring. You know who I am taking about; those "Save the Children" activists.

Well, this past week, blue t-shirts have invaded the square. Amnesty International is now on the scene and ready to go with their binders full of stats and charts. I don't know what happened to "Save the Children". Why aren't they defending their turf? I kind of hope that there will be a binder/clipboard battle.

I am having a slight issue adjusting to the idea of avoiding the blue t-shirts. I was pretty good at getting by the red ones before. The only real perk is that if an Amnesty individual does manage to get me, I simply tell them I have a friend who works for "Save the Children" and they let me go. (It's a true statement) The Amnesties respect loyalties.

No comments:

Post a Comment