Tuesday, February 3, 2009

aye matey, order in the court?

I figured out that the cafeteria at work decided that its New Year's Resolution was to education the masses on a food/or nutrition theme each month. The last few weeks there were signs everywhere about the power of Vitamin C. The most noticeable sign was over by the grill where you get your hamburgers, grill cheese, etc in the afternoon and those tasty egg/cheese/breakfast meat sandwiches in the morning. This particular sign reminded us all that the best way to prevent scurvy was to have some citrus. That's right folks, the big health concern that is sweeping the campus is scurvy. I was completely unaware that we had a high population of maritime lawyers


Yeah, I couldn't help myself there....

There is only one case that I have heard of a person, who was a pirate, who got scurvy. If anything, I feel that it is quite remarkable that the individual was able to allow for that to happen. I mean you have to really make a conscious effort to avoid vitamin c that much. As much as I mock the need of these signs, I will say my vegetable/fruit intake was pretty high in the month of January.

Fortunately, January is over and we have moved into another month, thus another food item...Chocolate :) I feel like this will be a good month

No comments:

Post a Comment