Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscars - yeah I watched them...at least the beginning

'Slumdog Millionaire'
"The dance scene at the end made me want to run out and rent a week's worth of Bollywood movies." <-- This came from a great article on imdb.com about how to fake talk about the movies that were nominated in 2009 because, let's face it, no one saw them

Speaking of the movie, the cast getting interviewed was fantastic. First they spoke with the three sets of children and all just yelled over each other (I just watched ryan seacrest's interview them them - different than the one I saw earlier - and they did the same thing. They told Ryan the littlest couldn't speak English, he could at the other interview...it was just super fast and I couldn't understand everything with his excitement...) The adults were also grouped together. While they didn't talk over each other, it was hard to get them all around the mike. I hope the movie does well tonight!!

Lets look at some of the dresses first...


Marisa Tomei's dress was incredible. Did not know that she was nominated. I was watching My Cousin Vinny yesterday when I was in tattoo limbo. That movie is one of my all time favorites. That last scene with the "they werrr!" exclamation. I was wondering if she had done anything recently. Apparently she was a hooker in the Wrestler, and as I just learned, the Academy loves hookers.






Natalie Portman is in pink! She is so freaking cute, and small












SJP was stunning. Sometime she has questionable choices, but here, I loved her









St
eve Martin and Tina Fey did an amazing job. If they could have hosted the Oscars the whole night would have been hysterical.

During Jennifer Aniston's presentation they cut to Angelina Jolie...how perfect.

Ok back to the Oscars I go....

No comments:

Post a Comment