Friday, February 20, 2009

Dr Me Needs a Vacation


This morning I woke up with blood poisoning, diabetes, and shin splints. By the time I got out of the shower the diabetes had faded. Walking to work cancelled out the shin splints. But it wasn't until about 11 am when I was certain that my blood is fine as the faint red line on my arm disappeared. (I guess there was always the possibility that I just slept on it funnily)

Ever since my father accidentally introduced me to it blood poisoning has become my default illness. What happened was that we were in Florida and there was some sort of red line on my shin. I asked him if thought it was weird. He sighed and looked down and suddenly became nervous. He asked me if it was raised, or if the line had grown. In a few minutes I was in a panic. My mother returned to the car (we were parked in a super market parking lot at the time) and as soon as she got in she could tell a crisis was forming. She asked what was wrong. I told her something awful had happened to my leg. She looked down and told me to wipe the ketchup off my leg.

It was gum.

Apparently it was so hot that I stepped in gum that became melty. It got stringy and somehow flipped itself onto my leg. Gross I knw.

Well, ever since then I have been on the look out for strange markings on my legs/arms. At this point I really should just bookmark the image that I use for reference when making a diagnosis.

The point of all of this is that I think there has to be some major stress in my life right now. Having that many sicknesses in one morning only shows that I need some meditation and relaxation my life. Oh did I mention that I suffered from appendicitis last night? I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment