Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The City is Playing with My Emotions Here...

One of the major reasons for me hating driving so much has to do with potholes. I speed. A lot. The pot holes around here suck. I cringe constantly because trying to weave through some of the streets to avoid them can be extremely difficult and basically impossible unless you choose to crawl along so I bang my way through and pray that my car will forgive me. Add in the lack of lighting on some side streets and those awful people who think this is a city where biking is a perfectly acceptable option for transportation and well...yeah, I have already had to replace shocks and suspension on my car once and it has only been with me for a year. Driving here is not for the weak.


Now there are some crazy intense potholes in this area. You may recall the one down by JP that took out nine cars in one evening. Well you can be excited to know that the city is actually doing something! This morning on boston.com there was an article on how the city is working towards fewer potholes. The best part of the article is the interactive map that lets you mark up potholes that haunt you...don't even kid yourself, I have already marked at least 3.

I dream of a day that I can zip through the surrounding neighborhoods without fear of damaging yet another tire, because wait, I've patched 2 and busted one in the last year and half.

No comments:

Post a Comment