Saturday, February 21, 2009

Tattoo?

In honor of Bill Simmons I figured I would keep a running diary of me getting my first tattoo.

Feb 20th

4 pm - T minus 24 hours and counting. So excited, hope that I can finish getting through the work day
5 pm - Done with work for the week pack up with excitement that Friday is now basically over
5:20 pm - Arrive at Grendel's Den. Rationalized that there is no need to sit in traffic to rush home and just sit around the house. Instead, opt to join my lunch pal and her friends for a happy hour of sorts.
7:50 pm - Leave happy hour quite happy - please don't be alarmed, I only had two drinks. And began the walk home
8:05 - go into the house, collect up my laundry from the week (might as well get clean clothes) pack up some wife beaters and jeans, say good bye to the only roommate home and off to my car
8:15 - in the car and ready to cruise (subsequently hit EVERY red light between my house and the highway)
8:41 - call mom while driving. we chat briefly. she asks if I am really going through with this. I said yes. she tells my dad what we are talking about. I am informed that I just made my father groan.
9:49 - back in my hometown. as I pull into my driveway radio commercial about a tattoo parlour - fate
9:50 - text my friend that i am back we go back and forth setting the pick up times
midnight - calling it a night heading to bed

Feb 21st
9:30 am - woke up refreshed, showered, got dressed and welcomed the morning
10:30 - Drove over to CC for my bagel and coffee for breakfast. Stopped at CVS for some A&D ointment. It was actually kind of a pain in the ass to find. I completely gave up on looking for mild simple soap after scouring through all the overly fragrant stuff for 10 minutes. Hopefully I can locate some of that stuff later today.
11 - back at the house relaxing until the big moment
1 pm - talking to a friend on gchat I realize I don't have a camera. Damn
1:30 - get a call from the place - they have to push back the appointment to 8:30. Now I need to find something to do
3:35 - thinking how i should be on my way to Black Lotus and yet here I sit
6:21 - get a phone call letting me know the group tattoo is taking longer than expected may need to come in next week. I told the girl I drove down from Boston I need the tattoo done tonight or tomorrow. She puts me on hold. Says they will get back to me later tonight
7:40 - I get antzy and call over to the shop. Find out my guy is in the middle of a job will call me when he is done for an update.
8 - show up at my friend's house to continue with the wait
8:20 - Tattooist calls. He says he may be able to fit me in tonight, but it is doubtful. Definitely will come in at five on Sunday. Sigh
9 - Throw in the towel for tonight. Watch a Burn after Reading and hang out until 1 am...

May the adventure continue tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment