Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Jelly Beans should have won

I am wasting time in my house waiting for my exciting evening to get going and saw a commercial for Soy Joy. (I couldn't find it on youtube, but you can view it on their website) It shows a battle between an army jelly beans (yum) versus an army of gross pea-green jelly bean shaped things. They use pencils, binder clips, highlighters and other desk objects to fight with one another. I mean I know it was just a short commercial but I was totally rooting for the jelly bean side. The idea of being forced to eat those green things ICK. Of course the green blobs win out and I just groan thinking "man, I don't want to eat them - i bet they taste like grass". Then the commercial pans to some woman who is hungry, camera goes back to the table and the beans are GONE. It was for a freaking energy bar! After all the emotion I put into watching the commercial and it wasn't even for grass flavored jelly beans only to find out the beans were doing dirty work for some lazy bar. I mean I would have been slightly tempted to try those green things to see if they could replace a craving for jelly beans - honestly, I figured I would spit them out, but I was willing to try them. There is no way I am going to try that healthy bar thing. I mean it couldn't even fight its own junk food battle. psshh.

No comments:

Post a Comment