Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tattoos tickle

Yeah, I got my ink this past weekend. The tattooist felt terrible about pushing me out of his schedule - it should be disclosed that some woman died and her husband and his entire family decided to get big memorial tattoos in her honor and that is what the matching tattoo was that kept me from going in on Saturday - so he came in on his day off to do mine.

The experience was great. I was clearly a little nervous. He asked if I had second thoughts, I told him "no, I want this". I had him replace the stencil as it was not quite in the right place, I mean I do need to be happy with the placement it will be there forever. Right before he put the pen on me I asked what I should expect. He said imagine if he had a hot regular pen, that's what it's like, that and sometimes it get annoying. I said good enough and it began. The description he gave was entirely accurate.

Oh, and I thought it tickled.

Honest to blog.

I was giggling.

The end result is wonderful. It is very pretty. And it has only been a few days but it looks pretty much healed. I'm excited about it.

My parents reaction wasn't as awesome as I would hope. Turns out my mother told my father that it was going to be very small and just three squiggly lines. Like that -->

Yeah... not so much. It is takes up about an area about 2 inches by 3 inches, which I still don't think is all that big but I guess I am comparing it to someone who gets their entire back done or a set of sleeves. The first comments that came out of their mouths were:

a) So you're done now? That's it, right? You now have one.
b) Why isn't there pus and grossness?

Oh my parents...

I will not be posting a picture of it on my blog. But if you see me and ask nicely I'm sure I'd be happy to flash you my hip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment