Friday, February 20, 2009

Cheap Date - Always

I always considered myself a cheap date. No need for fancy food - burger and fries are fine by me. Bud light is a perfectly acceptable partner to the meal, and let's face it, any tolerance I had built up for beer during kickball season is now gone. Hello two-beer-queer status! The only real price tag on taking me out would be if I was hankering for a cocktail, because I can bang down martinis with ease...mmmm..tasty goodness.

Any ways, boston.com thought it would be good to clue in its readers to cheap dates in and around the city. Some of the ideas are really cute. I am impressed that they thought to include the cost of riding the T and buses. Good job! Particularly excited that the Museum of Bad Art made the list. While I have yet to peruse the gallery myself, it has been on my to-do forever. But hands down, the suggestion below is the destination for my next outing...just need to find the other half of my two-some. who doesn't love a mini sandwich?
Walk down Washington Street to Felt (533 Washington St., Boston, 617-350-5555, www.feltclubboston.com). We know - you think Felt is a dance club. It is. From Tuesdays through Fridays, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., it also offers complimentary pool and 2-for-$5 mini-sandwiches, each of which, we're told, is about half the size of a regular sandwich. Selections include cheeseburger, veggie burger, and pulled pork, all fully dressed and served with fries.
Side note: Musak (company that owns elevator music) declared chapter 11 bankruptcy last week. How will the nation continue without those wonderful slow jams???

No comments:

Post a Comment