Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I like his style

Obama spoke at his first prime-time national press conference last night. If I am completely honest with myself, I would not have known about it if I wasn't such a big Gossip Girl fan. I put the CW on the tv, and saw that I was going to a repeat, which annoyed me to no end. So I flipped around and found that the press conference was on the three major stations. Lately, I have felt that I need to care more about politics, or at least try to care a bit more so I put it on.

Again, let me be completely honest, I had the broadcast on, but I was chatting with people online and with my roommate in person and missed a bulk of what was said. But I did make sure to review it all this morning. I read articles on boston.com and nytimes.com.

While it is small point to make, I found it the fact itself unnerving, but the concrete example helpful, when
the president pointed out that the country lost 598,000 jobs last month alone - approximately the total number of "every single job in the state of Maine," he said - and the jobless rate shows no signs of slowing
The state of Maine! Eeesh. This is a time that hold onto one's job as tightly as one can... Please let me stay away from the unemployment line!

No comments:

Post a Comment