Monday, February 9, 2009

I <3 U.O. U.O. <3s Block Island

I less than three Urban Outfitters like you wouldn't believe. Well, you would if you looked in my closet. I get the emails, which is why I knew that there was an amazing dress just waiting for me to purchase her this weekend after having such a lousy Friday (cold shower, denied a new job, broken car thing which became the 48 hour ticket).

I cannot wait to wear it, please let the weather get warmer faster!!!! But really don't you think it's cute?















Well today's email was featuring clothing inspired(?) by Block Island Ferry. Who knew Rhode Island was so fashionable. I mean the Cape has a style, the Hamptons have a style, but Block Island? Again, I say who knew. The description of the line is "Nautical Stripes, Chambray, Plaid, Straw Fedoras, Round Sunglasses, Woven Sandals, Boat Shoes" This doesn't sound like Narragansett's style and I kind of always make Block Island an extension of our town, but whatever things change.

Speaking of clothing, while waiting for an AWESOME coffee date on Sunday I went into some chic boutique on Charles St. There I tried on a dress that most looked like something Yizhak wore during the final scene of Hedwig and the Angry Inch. If you are unsure what that means, see below for a sneak peak, but do yourself a favor and rent the rock opera.

Basically the dress just covered all my lady parts. The sales woman neglected to give me the heads up that it was designed for someone much shorter with a much smaller torso. There was no way I could ever bend over to pick something up. Additionally, while the thing fit like a glove once it was on, i basically had to dislocate my shoulder to get the thing over my head as there was no way in hell that fabric was going to give to make it over my hips.

Sometimes I don't know if the men of this world realize what we women do for fashion. Because let's be honest, even though it was quite a trick to get it on, had this dress had another inch or so of fabric, it would be hanging in my closet hoping for a reason to be worn...

No comments:

Post a Comment