Thursday, February 19, 2009

Two-Bites of Heaven

When I used to work at the call center in the summers I would save money on gas and tolls by staying at my grandma's house once a week. She is an awesome woman. So independent and very sharp. As you might expect working 10 hour shifts at a call center can be tiring - especially considering the fact I did the 11:30 am - 10 pm one - and so my grandma always wanted to be sure to greet me with something to help me relax. One day she stumbled on two-bite brownies. Oh man, these things are absolute heaven. So, every Wednesday night I could be prepared to enter her house and have a small plate with four of these bites on a plate (fresh out of a microwave to make them slightly warm) with a glass of milk sitting waiting for me on the kitchen counter.

I was in the grocery store this past week and saw a package of them on the shelf. They are still just as tasty, and as I sit on my couch watching some well deserved tv, I find myself thinking back to those nights. It's always nice to find another comfort food.

Figures this post comes after I figure out my butt is back....

No comments:

Post a Comment