Thursday, April 23, 2009

Brie and Ballet

is just not my taste.

I got a sandwich from the Market in the Square that was made from roasted turkey, brie, green apple and honey mustard. Sounded good when I read it on the chalkboard. Over the last few years I have convinced myself that I enjoy the flavor of Brie Cheese. I will try it baked, in entrees and in sandwiches...always ends the same way. I am extremely disappointed. It just isn't my kind of cheese. The rind weirds me out. And quite simply, there isn't enough bite to it.

Moving on. I went and saw Sleeping Beauty at the Wang Theater with a friend of mine. The music is beautiful and the costumes were amazing. But once we ran out of story, I got figidty. All the ballerinas are dressed the same give or take a color scheme. The puss n boots dance did almost save the last 20 minutes of showing off. Two cats on point, cat fighting and butt rubbing is AMAZING. Once the show was over, I was ready to leave.

Give me the cartoon version any day. I will give Disney mega props for using so much of the music from the ballet. But they used is very differently...kind of confusing to hear the music that plays while Maleficent is trying to kill Prince Phillip being played while two cats dance. Just saying....

Maybe there will be a point in my life when ballet and brie beat out cheddar and disney --- maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment