Sunday, April 26, 2009

Windows Stayed Fresh

FROM TO
I wish this was my window/view*

With the forecast of consecutive days of 80 degree weather, to be followed by days in the 70s and 60s, we chose to finally take the saran wrap off the windows earlier this week! It felt great peeling away the plastic wrap and taking off the foam sealant --- almost as if I was finally giving the outdoors permission to come inside.

We now have a steady stream of fresh air blowing through our bedrooms/kitchen/livingroom. It is kind of amazing... Having new air circulating really can make an apartment feel like a classier joint. Yesterday, we were reminded how cool our apartment likes to stay. In the winter our place is kind of like an icebox, or so I am told by my roommates, as I apparently do not have cold receptors. In the summer, it does not switch to get hot, it actually stays pretty cool and comfortable. For example, yesterday our indoor/outdoor thermometer that we keep in the kitchen told us that it was 87 degrees outside and 71 degrees inside. That is a major difference!

Spring is finally here, and summer is just around the corner. I can't wait to get to the beach!!!

*For the record I stare out my bedroom window and look at the side of the apartment that is next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment