Saturday, April 11, 2009

It always comes back to RI

Last night I went out with two friends (who go to URI for grad school and live in Gansett) to Newport for some drinks. We were meeting one of the girl's college friend and that girl's current boyfriend. My friend is from Connecticut and went to Manhattan College as an undergrad so I had no inclination that I would know who the people were that we were meeting up with. We walk into the bar and I see a guy that worked at the catering company I served at for 3 summers. I was taken back a bit and figured I would say hi and then continue on with my group. After we chatted for a few minuteswe both turned around to see his girlfriend talk to my friend. Turns out he was the current boyfriend I was about to meet....

This is why I love coming home to RI. You truly cannot go anywhere without running into someone. I will say that the RI connection that I can make to the lawyer on Law & Order SVU is just as amusing, but that story will be one for another time.

1 comment: