Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Classic case of judging book covers


On Sunday I met up with a friend of mine for some (window -- for me) shopping -- for her and dinner. At one point we found ourselves at Mint Julep which, in case you aren't familiar, is a small somewhat pricey boutique. The items they carry are beautiful, and if I earned more I would be down for a purchase here and there. Although I am considering contacting their ring lady to see if she could make something that would fit my crazy skinny fingers.

The two girls working the shop were wicked stylish and super trendy. We chatted a little while my friend was looking around and they seemed like nice girls. I quickly typecasted them as girls who shop. Then all of a sudden one checks her blackberry and says "ooooooooh, they lost". I hear this and perk up. What game are these girls following? I ask. I can't help myself -- I'm nosey. They let me know they are die hard Celtics fans. If it were up to them, they would have closed the store to watch the game. I was floored. But you know what, I get annoyed when my love-of-sports is questioned. I wanted to share this story to remind you, don't judge a book by its cover.

On a related note, I am currently laying on the futon eating my pineapple fried rice, sitting in some really gross workout clothes and watching the Celtics play the Bulls. I feel like such a fake Celtic's fan. I really only watch during the playoffs ... and only the night games. But I do love watching the sport.

I'm being jumpy in this post, I know this. But, I completely missed what team Noah had been drafted to after he finished at Florida. Turns out it was the Bulls. He was my mom's favorite when he was in college. ESPN.com just wrote a great article about him. After reading it, I would kind of want to meet him he sounds like a really nice guy.

Side note: could not find a picture of girl sports fans on google images...tried many different variations of the concept...nothing. type in girls shopping had my pick of TONS of images. just saying

No comments:

Post a Comment