Saturday, April 25, 2009

We are friendly!

The people I meet who have been transplanted from the midwest/west coast, or the south to the Boston area all tell me that we north-easterners are not friendly. Well, before I thought that I might, not agree, but admit that we have our moments. Then today happened.

What happened today? Well, I will tell you... Since the weather is so nice I thought I would combat my slight hangover with a 2 hour walk. (weird, I know, but I did feel amazing by the end) First, I had to go up to my office to retrieve my iPod that I left there on accident last night. This turned out to be a blessing as I also had to use my emergency deodorant that I keep in my desk drawer -- I realized about half way to my office that I missed the deodorant step in the getting ready process and from my last post you must realize that is a no-no. From there I walked down to Harvard Sq, got a large iced coffee from DD and started my way to Central stopping in used bookstores along the way. After wandering around Mass Ave for a bit I completed the circle and headed home. Throughout these journeys I have countless people say hello to me as I walked by and at least 10 people (ok older men) complement me on my summer dress. People ARE friendly here. Everyone was smiling and waving. We just needed some sunshine.

IS


The thing is, that the winter wears us all down and we tend to retreat into our parkas. It's not mean/rude it's just that we don't want to use up the energy that could produce body heat to raise our arm and wave hello....

No comments:

Post a Comment