Friday, April 17, 2009

What is this that I am sitting on???

Today I finally got around to cleaning the disaster which was formally known as my bedroom. I would like to say I was shocked, appalled, and baffled about how it got this way, but let's be honest, packing and unpacking three weekends in a row was the cause for most of the trauma. I will attest to the fact that I need to get a bigger book shelf. I have books everywhere in here, it would appear that I have a knack for finding unused storage space.

Taming my room ended rather successfully. Not only can I walk all around my floor, - rather than hopping from one small open space to another - actually see the top of my dresser, - there were piles of earrings, necklaces, ticket stubs and flair - but wait for it.... I actually was able to sit in my clothes chair.

You may need to reread that last part...

I sat in my clothes chair.

I don't think I have ever sat in that chair for the almost two years I have had it. Not only that, but I was able to clear off my desk and put my computer on it. Normally Floyd here travels around with me on top of a hard cover book (which is a great way to plug the fact that if you ever feel the need to get me a gift at random, I could REALLY use a lap desk). But yeah, I took all of the clothing off the back of the chair and removed the old magazines and papers from the seat. Sitting in the chair was a strange sensation. I don't plan on revisiting it any time soon, I just felt wrong on so many levels.

The clothes were temporarily moved to hang over the top of the closet (if you can classify that cubby of a space a closet) door. They will be relocated back to the chair in a few moments. I am quite sure that anyone reading this understands the importance of the clothes chair. If for some reason the concept is escaping your grasp, the clothes chair is where items go that do not belong in the drawer/closet but also should not yet be put in the hamper. Think of it as a fashion limbo. There is no reason to try and change the chair's purpose back to sitting, my bed can fulfill that function just fine. I mean the clothes need to go somewhere and I don't think there is such thing as a clothes bed....that just sounds silly.


Please note, that is NOT my clothes chair. But that is the first image you get when one google images for one!

No comments:

Post a Comment