Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Take 2


This morning I woke up at 6 am so that I would be ready to leave for a 7 am Easter Mass by 6:30 with my father and sister. Everything went as planned until we pulled up to the church down the road from our house. The parking lot was empty.

There was no 7 am mass.

My father was insistent that he had seen a 7 am mass listed so we went to the sister parish in the center of town. Yeah that was a no go. So we made a pact that we would not let on to my mum that we didn't make in for service as we had given her a hard time about skipping - she went to both Holy Thursday and Good Friday service/mass and didn't want to come along so early in the morning.

We got coffee from DD and returned home.

Then I remembered that I really needed to attend mass. I took Friday off with the plan of attending Good Friday mass and instead I went to O'Brien's in Newport...I haven't been to church since Christmas...

When we got home, I told my dad when I got back that I NEEDED to find a 9 am mass. His response was, "what and make the rest of us look bad?". I said I was really over due. Then he remembered that I said I haven't been in a church since Christmas and he said "GO".

I figured 20 minutes would be enough time to make it to morning mass, and I was right... Barely. I had to park down the street and dash across the parking lot to make it inside before the procession. I'm glad I went. The message of the sermon was uplifting and inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment