Monday, April 27, 2009

Say it isn't soooooooooooooo!!!!!!


Maxi dresses are in this spring. What is a maxi dress? A maxi is the opposite of the mini. Skirts to the floor. Now I love a good hippie skirt as much as the next gal but come on! Summer is for short skirts.

This one is kind of cute. I saw one in a store similar, and by similar I mean it was to the floor and in pastels. Actually looking at this dress reminds me of Jeffrey's winning line from Project Runway. I love that dress it was soo amazing and I mean it's short :)



Now, don't get me wrong, I love the concept of the dress. The movement looks wonderful. I can see myself wandering down a beach or putter around the house in it. But going on errands? Going to a BBQ? I feel that all that fabric would just be hot and heavy. Additionally, I am just unsure that they will be long enough for me. Long dresses are usually gorgeous on a hanger but then hit me mid-calf and look awkward. I don't want my dress hanging in the air like that. It's not like have cankles or anything, but I hate it when the skirt looks like it was hemmed wrong.

Maybe I am simply a mini-dress kind of girl. Over the last few years I have gotten more and more comfortable with short skirts...I still can't bring myself to wear shorts but whatever. I am just not quite ready for the fashion world to move the hemlines down that low. In fact, I just ordered a few more from urban outfitters online yesterday. I have never ordered clothing online before, I hope things work out.

I got this one...in blue. I hope it fits. The reviews from other costumers said that it was short but they felt amazing in it. I'm kind of excited :)

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I wore my new maxi dress over the weekend for a cookout dinner and today for fun, since it was 90*, and it is both cool and comfortable. I've been told it's "stunning" by two separate people. this cynic has been converted. though I do admit, I've tried on 5 or 6 and my blue darling was the first non-tent-like dress.

    ReplyDelete