Monday, April 6, 2009

Virgin goes for Sex Appeal

Virgin America is totally trying to be the new cool kid on the block. I flew with them to get to San Fransisco. You walk into Logan and all the other airlines have long painful looking winding wait lines. Everything is dull and you just cringe at the idea of checking in.

Then there is Virgin.

It has a red carpet that you walk up to get to the self service monitors and check in people. There is a disco ball and bumping music. It is like they want to be a night club.

Then you walk through the security machines and find yourself in a private gate area. They only use two gates and they are completely closed off from the rest of the airline. Which is cool but there is absolutely no food options, nor is there a magazine stand. Boo

But anyway...

When it was about time to start boarding my plane, I noticed the flight attendants/stewardess wearing the most amazing heels. They were gorgeous four inch shoes and I could not wrap my head around the idea that these women walked up and down the narrow aisle of the aircraft with turbulence! I mean, come on, I have a lot of practice walking around my office and what not, but I could not do turbulence. These women were my heroes.

I get on the plane and notice the woman greeting us is wearing ballet flats. Then thought it was a bit weird but maybe she just wasn't quite ready for the big heels.

At one point I went to the back to use the toilet and noticed the two women who I were wearing those amazing shoes were also in ballet flats. Being the awkward person I am I asked them what was with the change. They explained that the airline says that while in the airport they need to look sexy and thus the shoes. But once they get on the plane flats it is --- because otherwise they would topple over or run over a small child.

!!!!!!!

Can you believe it? I thought we were maybe a bit beyond all that. But guess not. I mean, damn, those shoes were hot. But really.

No comments:

Post a Comment