Monday, April 20, 2009

Wow, the Sham WOW was named correctly

My friend is getting married this June. Thursday was her bridal shower. It was a really cute event hosted at a bridesmaid's house. Per proper protocol each of us went ahead and brought along a gift for the bride-to-be (or the BTB for short) to open up. After some mass emailing, we all decided to stick with getting something from one of her registries rather than deviating from her selections. As each gift was opened the BTB squealed with delight.

"SPOONS!"

"SALAD-SPINNER!"

"VASE!"

"TURKEY BASTER!"

"SHAM WOW!!!!"

Yes, she registered for a set of Sham Wows. We were all a bit jealous when we saw it come out of one of the packages, I experienced the same feeling when I learned a friend of mine had gotten a Snuggie...

Once my jealousy subsided -- don't worry it was a whole 2 seconds of my life -- I had a quick reflection which revolved around the question: "do you think those things actually work?" I figured I would just have to follow up with her in a few weeks to see if she had to use one.

Later on in the evening, our hostess went to go grab her cell phone that began ringing randomly and in doing so accidently knocked over a glass that had just a teeny bit of red wine left in it. The wine spilled on the off-white carpet!! Everyone went quiet for a moment and then BTB let out a "Sham wow!!". The box was grabbed, opened and an individual sham wow was passed to me, as I had gotten into position to help clean up the stain.

Now, I can personally attest to the fact that those suckers can absorb up the red wine like noone's business. We added in a little seltzer as well just to be sure that everything that could be done was done. After my blotting was completed, it was determined that you would never have guessed RED WINE had been spilt in the first place.

It really is a mircle maker.

I hope to someday own a set myself. Untill then, I will just wish longingly...

No comments:

Post a Comment